Is it just me or is something fishy going on? Patrick Brown, the (resigned) leader of the PC party, is a ruined man, regardless of whether he is innocent or guilty. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? He has not been my choice to lead the PC party, but I think the whole scandal stinks. Here’s why:
- the “victims” remain anonymous
- who talked them into coming forward and why did they not go to the police instead of the media?
- why did they take so long (10 years) to come forward? Oh right, an election is coming up and a smear campaign is the best way for the Liberal party to deflect from the mess they are in.
- what was the under aged woman doing in a bar drinking in the first place. I wasn’t born yesterday, I know it happens, but did Patrick Brown take her there? No. Was he drinking? No. Did he buy her a drink? Yes, but is that a crime? If every male that meets a woman in a bar and buys her a drink is persecuted, the heterosexual orientation is doomed.
- why did the other woman go to his home? With another male to boot. Then when in his home agree to go into the bedroom.
- when she (a bit late in my opinion) said NO, he took her home. How awful and ungentlemanly. (NOT)
These are just a few of the “facts” that are swirling around this scandal. Regardless of whether Patrick Brown is guilty or innocent, he is a ruined man. I feel very sorry for him and any other heterosexual male playing the dating game these days, especially the ones in the public eye.
Rumours are circulating that documentation showing US President-elect Donald Trump and Russian prostitutes engaging in sexual shenanigans has surfaced. The media, of course, is running with it. What is it about sex that creates such a scandal?
Does no one remember the exploits of JFK, Eliot Spitzer, Bill (I never had sexual relations with that woman) Clinton, and Arnold (impregnating the family nanny), Schwarzenegger, just to name a few? Does anybody care about these transgressions after the dust settles? Spitzer did resign as Governor of New York, but Bill Clinton still makes millions of dollars as a motivational speaker and Schwarzenegger is still Governor of California.
Are these allegations about Trump enough to boot him out of office? Don’t get me wrong, I find Trump’s behaviour reprehensible and disgusting. Did everyone not know before and during the electoral process what an immoral, rude, crass, egotistical person he is? I guess anyone who voted for him did not think those qualities should prevent him from becoming the president of the United States.
Hopefully, further investigation will come up with something more incriminating than lewd sexual acts with a few prostitutes. Maybe this current scandal is a coverup for something much more sinister and dangerous, starting with election fraud, lucrative business (real estate) deals, and/or leaking of security details to and from the Kremlin.
I am betting we have just seen the tip of the iceberg! Regardless, who really cares about the (alleged) activities between Trump and Russian prostitutes? Not me! Not that I like the man but this is just another sad example of mud-slinging politics.