You should protect your liver as it is one of the most important organs in your body and essential for life. Because it supports most of the other organs, a healthy liver is crucial for maintaining a healthy body. Learn how to protect and cleanse your liver to improve your well-being.
A damaged liver caused by bad habits is very serious and potentially fatal. The following is a list of those bad habits that are the hardest on your liver:
- alcohol consumption: your body treats alcohol like poison, so overconsumption takes a heavy toll on the liver.
- poor diet/overweight: a poor diet that includes toxins from the foods and drinks you consume (sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, etc) causes your liver to overwork as it tries to process these toxins. Too much fat in the diet causes a fatty liver, another way your liver can be stressed.
- medication overload: any artificial substance is toxic to the liver, including medicine. Even over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen (Advil) can damage your liver if taken in excess.
- smoking: tobacco smoke is known to harm your lungs, but it also damages your liver because the toxins inhaled in the smoke are processed in the liver. 
- sleep deprivation: insufficient sleep can cause many health issues, including stress on your liver.
You can Rejuvenate your Liver if you Cleanse and Protect it!
The good news is that your liver has the amazing ability to rejuvenate itself when these bad habits are eliminated or modified. The foods listed below have been shown to improve liver function and condition, improving your overall health.
My liver should be well protected and cleansed as I add most of the above ingredients to my morning smoothies. I also rely on dandelion root tea once in a while to cleanse my liver, especially after an evening or weekend of partaking in some of the bad habits listed above.
What are you waiting for? Protect and cleanse your liver today to improve your overall health.