The following is another guest post from Pyure:
It’s not breaking news — sugar is bad for you.
It’s fattening, promotes tooth decay, and puts you at risk for a myriad of diseases.
What you may not know, however, is that sugar has been clinically proven to be addictive, producing symptoms typically associated with substance abuse, including cravings, tolerance and withdrawal.
In fact, one study showed that given the choice, lab rats choose sugar over cocaine.
So, don’t beat yourself up if you’ve been trying to kick your sugar habit cold turkey, but have been coming up short to kick your sugar habit.
How to Kick Sugar Cravings
Try these realistic tactics to see if you get better results.
- When it comes to empty-calorie sugar bombs like soda and cake, make them special treats rather than everyday snacks.
- Before making a purchase, get in the habit of eyeing the nutrition label for sugar content — you’ll be amazed at what products unexpectedly contain sugar.
Tips to Control Your Sugar Consumption
For a sweet fix at work, opt for fresh fruit or the occasional juice. As your taste buds adjust to your reduced sugar diet, these guys will taste all the sweeter!
- Get in the habit of exercising, even if it’s just once a week to start.
- Physical activity stimulates the same pleasure receptors as sugar!
- When sweetening your morning coffee or tea, opt for Pyure Organic Stevia for a zero-calorie, zero-sugar alternative that tastes great.
Look, when it comes to cutting out sugar, we know it’s easier said than done. But with realistic goals, manageable steps, and a little sweetness from Pyure, you’re well on your way to kicking your sugar habit.