It’s almost time for the annual Sweet With Me Christmas Baking Auction! Anyone in the Ottawa area can participate as a baker, bidder or both, so no excuses! Please feel free to share this event with all the baking buffs and Christmas goodie aficionados in your life, not to mention the dog lovers! All proceeds go to Sit With Me Shelter Dog Rescue.
If you are interested in donating Christmas baking or homemade goodies please send a personal message to the Sweet with me Christmas Baking Auction Facebook page. Click on the blue “send message” box at the top right side of the page and send the following information :
- A description of what you will be baking/making and the amount (eg. one pan or one dozen)
- A list of the ingredients (no measurements necessary)
- A picture of what you plan to bake/make. This can be from a cookbook if you don’t have your own picture.
The process is pretty simple:
- offers of donated goodies will be accepted until November 30th by private message to Sweet With Me Facebook page (link above) This is just a promise to donate, actual baking is not necessary until later. Of course you can bake ahead and freeze for later.
- the auction will go live on December 1st on the Facebook page
- To bid on an auction item, scroll through the available items on the Facebook page. When you see something you are interested in, type the dollar amount you are willing to pay for the item as a comment.
- A word of warning; comments are not always in order so keep a close eye out for the highest bid. And remember, the bids can (and do) change right up until the last minute!
- there is no limit to what items can go for. So, keep bidding to raise money for a great cause!
- the auction will close on Thursday, December 19th at 7pm
- winning bids must be paid for via etransfer or paypal through Facebook messenger, ASAP after auction closes (before delivery)
- all items must be baked and ready for pick-up by December 21st
- please choose a sturdy, disposable container with a tight fitting lid to pack your donated goodies in. You will not get your pan back and drivers are not responsible for flimsy containers that wont hold up in transit.
- all items will be delivered to successful bidders on December 22nd and 23rd
Gluten-free baked goods are welcome and popular, but be sure to include a disclaimer with the ingredient list. Here is a good example of such a disclaimer:
“As a gluten intolerant baker, I bake with gluten free ingredients. However, I do not bake in a dedicated gluten-free kitchen, so I can only provide a 99.9% gluten-free product.”
Sweet With Me Christmas baking auction is a terrific upcoming fundraiser for Sit With Me Rescue Dogs in the Ottawa area. In the meantime, a fall auction is currently underway with hundreds of items up for grabs. Please read the rules BEFORE bidding on this fall auction. lt closes Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. All the proceeds of both fantastic fundraisers go to Sit With Me Shelter Dog Rescue!
Please check out my other blog called Gardens4u about all things garden related. And my business website with the same name.