‘Tis the season, my other season, (not quite the Christmas season) as Gardens4u is now officially closed for the winter…
Although this past gardening season started off wet and cool, it was extended recently with the most marvelous fall weather. Unfortunately, that has come to an end, and reality is settling in.
Now my other season is starting, with a growing list (I am a list person for sure) of the things I hope to accomplish this winter…
- finish the quilt I started for my grandson last winter.
- start and finish a quilt for my granddaughter.
- make nursery curtains for my new granddaughter due to arrive the end of February.
- clean out the few remaining closets I did not get to the past few winters.
- reorganize the walk-in closet in our master bedroom.
- post more frequently on this blog
- spend more time with my grandson and granddaughter (and their parents).
- visit with friends I never seem to find the time to visit during the gardening season.
- read more books. If anyone has suggestions for a good read, please let me know!
- clean my house. Although most people do their spring cleaning in the spring, I do mine in the winter (silly me) so when spring arrives I can get out and enjoy my favourite season.
- update my business website, adding pictures from this past season. Be sure to check them out and add your comments!
- reconnect with my freelance writing contacts.
- exercise. Planks are my favourite exercise for maintaining muscle tone. Without gardening to keep me in shape I have to work extra hard in the winter to keep pounds from creeping up on my bathroom scale.
Phew, with that list I should be busy until spring when I can start a new garden season!