Recently I attended a book launch to support a friend who has co-created a masterful piece of work named the Wonder Wall. With my gardening business in full swing, I don’t usually get much reading done in the summer months, but I am so impressed with this book that I am making an exception this week.
The Wonder Wall is aimed at formal and informal educators of all kinds. Teachers from kindergarten to university, scientists, managers, team leaders, administrators, parents, and volunteers alike can learn from this. After all, we humans are all educators of some sort. Whether you want to motivate and encourage children or adults within a school, start-up business, major corporation, office, hospital, police force, daycare, or community association, the concepts within the Wonder Wall are easily applicable.
As much as I tried to put the ideas from this book into my own words to share with you, I found that my efforts could simply not do justice to the witty, inspirational way this masterpiece is written. So, I am cheating; these (just a few of many) excerpts are literally straight from the book…
CONDITIONS THAT FOSTER CREATIVITY
- recognize there is a seed of brilliance in everyone
- adopt a strength based approach
- create cultures of belonging
- storytelling and listening
- moving beyond diversity to inclusivity
- making it personal
IDEAL LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS:
- good listener, approachable, personable
- understanding, empathetic, respectful, caring
- motivational, inspirational, visionary
- honest, trustworthy, dependable, consistent
- knowledgeable, informed, displaying expertise
- good communicator
- positive, enthusiastic, energetic
IDEAL LEADER BEHAVIOUR:
- leads by example
- provides support, encouragement, motivation
- seeks input
- team player/builds relationships
To learn the details of these compelling points, plus many more insightful strategies and how they can apply to your life, you will have to read the book yourself!
Get inspired! Purchase the Wonder Wall at your local bookstore or online through Amazon. I promise you will be captivated, both amused and motivated as you read and reread through the pages.