I was recently nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award” by Vinantimistry on her blog entitled Cook Play Eat. This is an honor for me, to be recognized and appreciated by one of my peers. It is a great way to show respect for fellow bloggers, as well as a way to get to know bloggers whose work you admire. The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten people (more or less)
These are the questions asked of me with my answers:
- Why Blogging?
I started blogging almost three years ago, shortly after I was diagnosed with an allergy to wheat. At first it started out as a way to share my story and dealings with this major change in my life. The blog evolved to include other topics because I have always loved to write and this blog seemed like the perfect opportunity to share my passions. Recently retired, I also had more time, especially during the winter months, when my gardening business shuts down. I love connecting with people around the world through my blog.
2. How did you choose the name for your blog?
The name of my blog is pretty boring. Years ago, when I first took on the role of manager of my sons’ hockey teams I was called Lori B by the boys because there were a few other moms named Lori associated with the teams. The name stuck, so Lorieb is pronounced Lor-eee-bee. The e in the middle is for my middle name Elizabeth.
3. What is your favorite food ?
Now that I cannot eat baked bread or pizza, I realize how much I loved those foods. I also love dark chocolate and fortunately I can eat it!
4. One place you want to travel alone?
I cannot think of anywhere I would specifically like to travel to alone. I love to travel, but with my family. Europe and Australia are on my bucket list. I do prefer to shop alone, especially plant nurseries.
5. Do you read? What kind of books?
I love to read. I prefer books with a good, yet realistic story line. I have no attraction to science fiction, and futuristic books or ones that scare your socks off, so no spaceships, vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc etc etc
6. Are you a perfectionist?
Sometimes. When designing a garden or decorating a room, everything has to be just so. When it comes to boring things like housework, not so much.
7. What would you prefer more, Indoors or Outdoors?
100% outdoors. This winter has been driving me crazy with its long cold days and so much snow. I cannot wait till spring to get out in the gardens.
8. One thing you are not doing right now in your life, But miss doing ?
Since I retired in 2012, the thing I miss most is the daily contact I had with so many wonderful and diversified people.
9. Are you a fashionista or wear whatever your mind and body tells you?
Definitely not a fashionista. I like to be comfortable and somewhat trendy, but did not inherit the shopper gene. What some people spend on clothing, I spend on plants instead!
10. Your remedy for a real bad day?
When I feel down and out or when things just aren’t going my way, I stop to think about all of the good in my life. Music, a nap or a good book work well too.
My nominees for this Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award are people I feel have the same outlook as I do, with similar (I think) personalities to my own (like real sisters). There are so many wonderful blogs out there, it was hard to choose only ten. Although I didn’t include any of them on my list, I love to see the amazing pictures on all of the photography blogs too. I wish I had even a portion of the talent these bloggers have with a camera…
7. Know It All
Here are my questions for each of you…
1. Do you enjoy reality TV, if you do which is your favorite show?
2. If you suddenly (not planned or scheduled) realize you have a spare hour of time, what would you choose to do?
3. What famous person would you like to have lunch with?
4. If you won 10 million dollars or more in a lottery, what would you do with it?
5. Who do you think the sexiest man and most beautiful woman in the world are?
6. If you were stranded alone on a deserted island for two days, what five things would you want to have with you the most?
7. What is your favorite kind of food? Italian, Thai, Indian etc…
8. What accent from around the world do you love to hear?
9. When and why did you start writing/blogging?
10. What is your favourite time of year and why.
In conclusion, thanks to Vinantimistry for choosing my blog for the Sisterhood Award and congratulations to all my fellow nominees. I look forward to reading their answers! Be sure to visit them all to see why I like them so much…