This gluten-free cilantro mango chicken recipe comes from my cousin Carrie Marshall, a holistic health coach in Springfield, Missouri.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 ounces plain yogurt
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 large ripe mango, peeled, finely diced
- Preheat oven (375 degrees) or BBQ
- Combine 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup of cilantro, half of the lime juice, cayenne pepper and garlic. Coat chicken breasts with this mixture, marinating for at least 1 hour.
- While chicken marinates, make sauce by mixing remaining yogurt, 2/3 of diced mango, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice and 3/4 cup cilantro in blender.
- Bake chicken in oven for 25-30 minutes or grill on BBQ.
- Place chicken on serving plates, pour on sauce and sprinkle with remaining mango, serve with extra sauce on the side.
- Add a sprig of fresh cilantro for garnish.
This recipe combining the tastes of cilantro and mango, with the common staple of chicken, sounds incredibly simple and delicious and is gluten-free. It is very similar to a marinade made with lime juice, garlic, and cilantro that I frequently use at the cottage. I put the chicken and marinade in a Ziploc bag at home and transport it to the cottage like that so it is well marinated by the next day. The addition of mango, yogurt, and cayenne sounds interesting; it will certainly be my next experiment in the kitchen or on the barbecue!
Try this gluten-free cilantro, mango chicken recipe soon, and let me know what you think.